eet are very important part of our body as perform many functions in our life. That is why they need to pay special attention. And if you’re a bodybuilder, it is important for you especially large and raised legs. So, let’s look at how to pump up the legs: quadriceps and hamstrings ?
Before you start to disassemble the leg training (basic recommendations), let’s briefly go over the anatomy. Information on anatomy we need that we could maximize correctly, with minimal risk of injury and the maximum effect of progressive rock the currently large and raised legs.
So, in essence, feet are the huge muscles in our body, and they are divided into four major parts:
In order to attain attractive, harmonious development of foot – definitely need to exercise all four parts. Moreover, the load should be evenly distributed.
In this article, we will not affect the calf muscles (talk about them another time) and gluteal (of which I have already described earlier). Let us consider only the quadriceps and hamstrings.
Quads – quadriceps muscle, which occupies the front part of the foot. Its main function – to straighten the leg at the knee. Quads consist of four parts (straight, medial, lateral and intermediate), each of which has its beginning, but the end point of all the parts moving in the general tendon.
- direct part – it is the longest part of which is located on the front surface of the quadriceps
- medial part of – the widest part, which covers the anteromedial surface of the lower half of the quadriceps
- the lateral part of – the widest part, which covers almost all of the anterolateral surface of the quadriceps
- intermediate section – the widest part of which is located between the medial and lateral part, directly under the direct quadriceps muscle
Hamstring – biceps, which occupies the back of the legs. Its main function – to bend the leg at the knee. Hamstrings consists of two parts (long and short).
About anatomy talked briefly, and now let’s look at the best exercises that would understand how to pump up the legs (quadriceps and hamstrings) quickly and efficiently .
- Squats on shoulders
- Hack – squats
- Leg press in the simulator
- Leg Extension sitting in the simulator
- Dead traction on straight legs
- Bending legs lying in the simulator
Based on these exercises, you can already prepare the training program.
The basic rules in the exercise of the legs:
- Correct technique (very important to follow the proper technique in all exercises, not to damage the joints)
- Uniform load on the front and rear parts (whatever legs looking beautiful, you need to evenly load as the quadriceps and hamstrings)
- repetition range: 12 – 15, maybe 18 (feet love and better respond to the many re-training). But there is a BUT, mnogopovtorka not suit everyone (most, but not all), there are people who repeat range is best suited 6 – 10 (to experiment)
- Maximum range of motion (need to stretch as much as possible and reduce muscle only get real progress)
- Progression loads (a prerequisite in the exercise of any muscle group)
How to build leg – training programs:
This scheme is designed for those people who are engaged in the gym 9 – 12 weeks (so to say, the circuit for beginners).
Squats on the shoulders of 1 * 20/4 * 15
Dead straight legs bent at 1 * 20/4 * 15
The second scheme is for those people who are already trained more than 6 months. Just at the end of training, you can add one exercise for calf muscles (optional).
Squats on the shoulders 1 * 20/1 * 15/3 * 12
Extension legs sitting in the simulator 3 * 12 – 15
Dead straight legs bent at 1 * 20/1 * 15/3 * 12
Bending legs lying in the simulator 3 * 12 – 15
The third scheme is intended for people with good training experience. For beginners, this scheme is contraindicated, as can easily be overtraining. Just at the end of training, you can add two exercises for the calf muscles (optional).
Squats on the shoulders 1 * 20/1 * 15/1 * 10/4 * 6
Leg press in the simulator 3 * 12 – 15
Extension legs sitting in the simulator 4 * 12 – 15
Dead straight legs bent at 1 * 20/1 * 15/2 * 10/3 * 6
Bending legs lying in the simulator 5 * 12 – 15