Link lower block to the belt – is an alternative to exercise “thrust rod in the slope.” This exercise is suitable for both experienced athletes and those who have just started their training. The advantage of this exercise is that the traction unit is significantly lower load is removed from the spine, especially the lumbar, because we do not hold the weight in the slope on the weight and drag it horizontally. This allows you to use a lot of weight without risking to injure your back, which in turn makes it possible to work better and better tremendous.
Thrust the lower unit to your belt – that’s the basic (comprehensive) exercise is accented is working latissimus dorsi. As well, this exercise involves a lot of other muscle groups such as biceps (biceps), shoulder muscles brachialis, large and small pecs. There are several options for exercise, basically all they differ in the position of hands and wide grip (pull the lower unit to the belt parallel to the grip, pull the lower unit to the belt right grip, pull the lower unit to the belt reverse grip). As for the grip, it can be a wide, medium or narrow.
The main muscles:
- latissimus dorsi
- rhomboid muscle
- teres major muscle
- biceps (biceps)
Correct technique of the exercise, “Thrust the lower unit to the belt”:
- Go to the simulator, sit down, grab the neck straight grip top (shoulder width apart), rest your feet in foot rests. The legs should be slightly bent at the knees, this will keep your back arched in the lumbar spine (the straighter the legs, the harder it is to bend in the back).
- Arch your back, straighten shoulders, slightly tilt the body back, look straight ahead.
- In the initial position the hands should be fully extended and the blade deployed.
- On exhalation start smoothly pull the neck to the waist, bending the elbows, the lowest point try to reduce the blade together.
- On the inhale slowly unbend his elbows, try to fully straighten the arm at the end of the movement.
- Exercise should be carried out without any sudden movements.
- Make the planned number of reps.
- Rest 1 – 2 minutes and proceed with the following approach.
- At the bottom point of the motion as much as possible open the blades and the upper – on the contrary, to reduce them as much as possible, it will provide a greater range of motion.
- Keep your back straight and your lower back arched. Do not slouch when performing exercises. To make it easier to keep your back straight, slightly bend your knees.
- Be sure to monitor the position of the hands, especially for elbow (be careful not to dilute elbows to the sides). Wide grip will make it possible to raise the level of the elbows on the back that provides good amplitude and increase the efficiency of the exercise.
- Pull only by the strength of the broadest muscle (without cheating).
- To increase the range of motion, you can use a parallel or a reverse grip. Also, if the parallel-grip a little load is removed from the forearm muscles and shoulder muscles.
- Most effectively when the relaxation phase two times slower than the voltage phase. In this mode, the muscles get more load and will be better worked through.