Let us excellent basic exercise, which is called – squats . Perhaps the best exercise for the development of the big toe. Squats employs a large number of muscles (about 75 percent of the muscle). This exercise is excellent develops endurance and trains the cardiovascular system. In this article you will learn the correct technique of squats with a barbell, and as I will discuss the myths and nuances of this exercise.
Squats – this is a basic exercise that is mainly intended for the development of the quadriceps and buttocks. This exercise is one of the disciplines in powerlifting. Squats has several variations: squats with a barbell on your shoulders, squats and sit-ups on the chest in Smith.
The main muscles:
- gluteal muscles
- quadriceps femoris (kvadritses)
- resulting in the thigh muscles
Correct technique of the exercise, “Squats”:
- Shells post podsyadte barbell and rest against the top of the trapezoid in the neck. Straighten shoulders, chest leaning forward, arch your back.
- Remove the bar from the racks, look straight ahead, feet set shoulder width apart, toes slightly planted in the side.
- On the inhale slowly and smoothly, scroll down, bending your knees, hips, try to take back and take your heels off the floor. Squat as low as possible is necessary. Knees should not go beyond the toes.
- On the exhale, slowly rise, straightening your knees
- Exercise should be carried out without any sudden movements.
- Make the planned number of reps.
- Rest 1 – 2 minutes and proceed with the following approach.
A few common myths and misconceptions about the squat:
- You do not get to build up a large mass of legs without squats. Actually increase legs without squats is quite real. Many people, for various reasons are unable to perform the classic sit-ups, but it does not prevent them to have a large and inflated feet. There are many exercises to replace (in the simulator bench legs, leg extension on the simulator, lunges with a barbell or dumbbells, etc.), which are also very well develop leg muscles.
- Squats can significantly increase the amount of testosterone in the body. In fact, all exercise influence on the hormonal system, and in particular on the production of testosterone. But this effect is negligible, even squats. So, do not expect to get good results in a short time.
- Squats increased power results in other exercises. This myth is a bit related to the previous myth, as well as the fact that squats are well developing the cardiovascular system, which increases endurance. All this is true, but in reality, sit-ups do not affect the power performance in other exercises (eg bench press). In competitions for people with disabilities, people without legs show the results are not worse than in healthy athletes.
- Keep your heels on the floor during the sit-ups. This is very dangerous, as they violate the balance, and this incorrect technique leads to an incorrect distribution of load on the spine and joints of the feet, which can lead to injury. Heel should always touch the floor! If you have a bad stretch you can put a flat bar or small pancakes under the heel to provide support (but it is better to stretch the muscles, and that does not enclose under heels).
- Do not lean forward over the bar when squatting. The rod must move up and down in a strictly vertical plane. If you have trouble, try to squat in Smith. In this embodiment, the bar will move along the ideal trajectory.
- Always be careful not to take too much weights, work better on the quantity, usually the legs respond well to mnogopovtorku. In addition, it will reduce the load on the spine. Just be sure to use the athletic belt. Do not squat with no fear, there is always need to be fear.
- Make sure that your knees do not go beyond the toes.