Consider the basic exercise called ” thrust rod to the belt in the slope .” This is a very effective exercise for pumping large lat. In this article you will learn how to properly perform this craving, which are variations of this exercise, as well as the basic nuances and subtleties.
The thrust rod to the belt in the slope – this is a basic exercise that is intended for development of large lat. Alternative exercises are horizontal thrust or thrust on the block in the simulator tilt rod dumbbell to the belt in the slope.
The main muscles:
- latissimus dorsi
- teres major muscle
- teres minor muscle
Correct technique of the exercise “Thrust rod to the belt in the slope”:
- Grief take the usual grip on top, a little wider than shoulder width. Straighten your back, cave in at the waist, shoulders straighten, bend forward slightly, the legs should be bent at the knees and stand shoulder-width apart. In this position, you need it is to complete the approach.
- In the initial position of the bar must hang freely in a completely straight hands, the neck should be just below the knee.
- Strain and feel lats. On the inhale, slowly and smoothly drag the bar to the belt, try to pull the bar along the body, not dilute elbows to the sides.
- Pull the barbell is necessary only by the force of the back muscles (without cheating).
- Having held the post from the waist up, paused for a moment and exhale lower the bar to the starting position.
- Exercise should be carried out without any sudden movements.
- Make the planned number of reps.
- Rest 1 – 2 minutes and proceed with the following approach.
- At the bottom of the movement, as much as possible open the blades and the upper – on the contrary (which reduces as much as possible). This will provide greater range of motion.
- Keep your back straight and your lower back arched, no slouch in the performance of the exercises. Be sure to use a weight belt, it will protect against injury.
- Be sure to monitor the position of the hands, especially for the elbows, not dilute elbows to the sides. Try to hang on the bar higher and closer to the belt. Wide grip will make it possible to raise the elbows over the back, which will provide a good amplitude and effective exercises.
- Do not tilt or twist the head, always look right. Do not help to push your feet or body bar, pull on only by the force of the broadest muscle (without cheating). body tilt angle should remain constant (approximately 30-40 degrees relative to the floor).
- In this exercise, lower back (waist) is in constant static stress, so I advise before performing this exercise to make a couple of approaches to hyperextension, to warm the lower back.