This exercise is a great exercise to replace the pull-ups on the bar. This exercise is suitable for both experienced athletes and beginners. Thrust vertical block for the head is especially useful for those who find it difficult to carry out this exercise on the crossbar. Advantage of exercise is the ability to select the optimum weight with which you will be prepared to do the exercise correctly and skillfully.
Thrust vertical block for the head – is the basic (comprehensive) exercise is accented is working latissimus dorsi. As well, this exercise involves a lot of other muscle groups such as biceps (biceps), brachialis, large and small pecs. There are several options for exercise, basically all they are different hand position and grip width (vertical thrust block to the chest parallel to grip, pull the block to the chest straight grip, traction vertical block to the chest reverse grip, traction vertical block of the head). As for the grip, it can be: wide, medium or narrow.
The main muscles:
- latissimus dorsi
- rhomboid muscle
- teres major muscle
- biceps (biceps)
Correct technique of the exercise “Thrust vertical block for the head”:
- Go to the treadmill, hold the right grip neck top (much wider than shoulder width), sit down and put your feet under the lock for the legs.
- Arch your back, straighten shoulders, the body is strictly under the heading, look straight ahead.
- In the initial position the hands should be fully extended and the blade deployed.
- On the exhale, slowly start to pull the bar behind your head, bending your elbows at a low point, try to touch the neck and reduce the shoulder blades together.
- On the inhale slowly unbend his elbows, try to fully straighten the arm at the end of the movement.
- Exercise should be carried out without any sudden movements.
- Make the planned number of reps.
- Rest 1 – 2 minutes and proceed with the following approach.
- Not cheating and not help yourself housing, the thrust should be performed only by the force of the broadest muscle.
- Use a wide grip to better pump lats. Narrow grip better job includes biceps hands.
- Do not let the neck up sharply. Most effectively when the relaxation phase two times slower than the voltage phase. In this mode, the muscles get more load and will be better worked through.
- Try to pull the bar as far as possible behind your head, so that the amplitude of the movement is at a maximum, which will effectively work through the latissimus dorsi.
- Do not slouch or tilt the head during the exercise. Gather in the stomach, straighten the chest and shoulders, look straight ahead.